If you have trouble accessing PDF files ...
Google Chrome has had a serious bug for over a year now. We
can't do anything to fix their software. You need to use another browser.
Current Policy Statements
Index by Policy-Topic
Index by Jurisdiction
Recent Policy Papers
- Data Breach Notification aka PA (Privacy Alerts) Bill 2013, Submission to Senate Legal and Constitutional Ctee (20 Jun 2013)
- eHealth Consumer Privacy Fact Sheets, Submission to OIAC (15 May 2013)
- Review of CCTV Schemes, Submission to NSW Premier and Attorney-General (5 May 2013)
- Data Breach Notification, Supplementary Policy Statement (4 May 2013)
- Smart Meters, Submission to Clth Dept of Resources (3 May 2013)
- Privacy Impact Assessments, Policy Statement (28 Apr 2013)
- Meta-Principles for Privacy Protection, Policy Statement (28 Apr 2013)
- Guidelines for Developing Codes, Submission to OAIC, plus APF's Annotations on the Guidelines (15 Apr 2013)
- Data Breach Notification, Policy Statement (12 Apr 2013)
- Election Challenge, Invitation to Parties contesting the Federal Election in Sep 2013 (11 Apr 2013)
- Big Data Strategy Issues Paper, Submission to AGIMO (7 Apr 2013)
- Silent Numbers, Submission to Senate Committee on Environment and Communications (28 Mar 2013)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme, Submission to FAHCSIA (11 Mar 2013)
- Anonymous Travel on the M5, Submission to NSW Minister for Transport (10 Mar 2013)
- An Online Database for Small Amount Lenders, Submission to ASIC (21 Feb 2013)
Further details on the Patrons and the 20-strong
Advisory Panel are provided here.
"Australians need protection because corporate interests routinely infringe
our privacy, including by taking advantage of new technologies such as social
The [new privacy tort] should provide a remedy for, and a deterrent against,
a person or business breaching our privacy for commercial gain, or acting negligently
expose our personal information
and financial details to criminals"
George Williams, UNSW,
and APF Advisory Panel Member,
Canberra Times, 26 March 2013